Many families have goals with regard to their housing needs. Some may want to buy their first home. Others who are already homeowners may have issues in dealing with mortgage delinquency or have a need to use the equity in their home to pay debt or to subsidize their living. You can get help from Catholic Charities Housing Counseling Program. Our housing counselors will analyze your household financial strengths/weaknesses and provide you with suggestions for home buying, foreclosure prevention, refinancing or taking a home equity loan based on your need.
It is never too early to plan on your housing services need. The reason is it’s all about the well being of your financial health and the highest cost you have in your household — housing cost. The sooner you can plan for your future, with the appropriate resources, the sooner you will realize the reality of your housing goals. Our housing counselors will assist you with the following housing needs:
- Advise on managing/reducing debt and improving credit for home ownership
- Offer financial analysis and develop saving plan for down payment and closing cost
- Offer IDA Program for low-income families and the DMP Program to lower credit card debt
- Offer Homebuyers Class. For a class schedule for 2013, CLICK HERE.
- Budget and prevent mortgage delinquency
- Create crisis budget and avert foreclosure
- Assist with loan modification application processing
- Budget and cope with foreclosure process
For more information, please contact an office near you.