Family Strengthening Program
The Family Strengthening Program at Catholic Charities strives to welcome, support and advocate for newcomers in our midst, specifically refugee and immigrant populations. Our services are structured to help individuals and families identify and meet their own needs. These services include:
- Teaching parenting skills
- Advocating for victims of violence, while increasing domestic violence awareness and prevention
- Providing immigration counseling, application preparation and limited representation
- Translating documents; interpreting for appointments
- Collaborating with schools to help children struggling with acculturation issues
- Advocating for and helping families access resources within the community
- Decreasing clients’ sense of isolation through providing support groups and opportunities to connect to others within the culture.
- Limited resettlement and family reunification of refugees from all over the world
- Working jointly with our Mental Health and Financial Health Programs to provide language appropriate services in these areas.
All of our Family Strengthening staff is bilingual in Hmong/English or Spanish/English; services in other languages can be accessed as well.